Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hl
Level 2

Illinois Tax Return glitch

You believe that you have a glitch in your state tax returns and I cannot "view, print or download (my Illinois forms) because some of the forms have not been finalized yet". When I request an email notification for when they will be available, I get a response saying "unable to load messageid. No forms or products have been specified. Please close the window and try again. for en_US".  I believe the forms are available -- certainly they are available on the Illinois Department of Revenue site.  In prior years, if the forms were not available, there would be a "! error" next to the form and if you printed the form it would say something like "do not file". I think this is a glitch is the system.  I see questions from taxpayers in Alabama and Oklahoma re the same problem. The programing department needs to be transparent, address this issue, and advise clients when the problem will be fixed.  I spent over 2 hours on the phone today with TurboTax and you have still not addressed my problem -- how dare you sent me an email saying that my case is closed and ask me to take a survey.  I spent $90 on the download Premier edition and I expect more from TurboTaxve

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

93 Replies

I have the exact same issue(s).  I don't understand why they have not identified and fixed this issue

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

This issue has been reported and currently under investigation. Please see more information here

sav
Level 1

I am having the same problem.  When will it be fixed?

I am also having this issue - Turbo Tax Deluxe for Windows 

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Please view my msg above. The sign-up link to join is included to be updated on when this issue will be resolved.

Great, but what you don't tell us is approximately when it will be fixed.  We've been talking about this issue for a few days now.  

We paid money for this program and we can't file our state taxes!  TurboTax/Intuit should at least give us an estimated resolution time (not to mention an apology)

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Hi, @GeorgeR

Pardon the delay, I'm only provided with the with link with instructions to sign up. Signing up is the fastest way to receive information on an estimated date. Thank you

I have the same issue.   It let me efile, but I can't print or save a copy of my return?       When will this be fixed?

JMK
Level 2

Same problem. Been waiting for quite a while for a fix.

All we hear is crickets!

Hey Intuit: How about a REFUND of the price of the software since we can't get a tax REFUND using your software???

I agree.  Someone needs to give us an estimated timeframe.  Day after day goes by and we can't file our state returns.

Thanks TurboTax--not feeling like I want to continue using you in the future!!!

JMK
Level 2

Why wasn't something this obvious caught in testing?

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Update-For those who have not signed up for the e-mail notification about this issue I have included it here: 

"Please follow the below step in an attempt to clear the issue:

1. Exit out of the TurboTax Program
  2. Uninstall the Illinois folder by following the steps below
    1. Click on the Windows button or the search bar on the bottom left of your computer screen
    2. Type c: into the search bar
    3. Double-Click on the folder labeled Program Files (x86)
    4. Double-Click on the TurboTax folder
    5. Then double-click on the folder for tax year 2018
    6. Then double-click on Forms
    7. Find the folder labeled ili_18
    8. Right click on the ili_18 folder and click delete
  3. Re-install Illinois by following the steps below
    1. Click on the Windows button or the search bar on the bottom left of your computer screen
    2. Type w_illinois_ind into the search bar
    3. Click on the item labeled w_illinois_ind_2018.160.0100.exe (or the one that is most similar)
    4. Follow the on screen instructions to finish installing Illinois
  4. Relaunch TurboTax after Illinois has been installed"

If the above instructions do not work, please click the sign-up button. 

hl
Level 2

Did anyone try the TT response just received regarding how to resolve printing state tax returns.  I 'm a newbie at programing and I'd appreciate knowing whether this works and how easy it is to do.

I tried this but am unable to locate the w_illinois_ind file in search to reinstall?    Can it be downloaded somewhere?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies