why I can't claim education deduction? none of the possible reasons apply to me

I attended school in 2017 and paid almost 16k for tuition. I am working towards masters degree and at least half-time student.

10k reimbursed by my employer ($5250 of it is tax free). I also received 1098-T form and put it's information in turbotax.

Turbotax says I am not eligible to to claim an education credit and non of the possible reasons apply to me.

- I, myself, am a tax payer and a student and no one claims me on their return

- I didn't receive any scholarship. The reimbursement is in my W-2 form that I received from my employer

- I have taxable income in my return

- I don't have any education saving account or anything related to it.

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default