I'm self-employed and I am on the health insurance plan from my ex-employer through COBRA. Can I still deduct the premiums as business expense?

I resigned from a company in June 2016. I started working as independent contractor for another company in August. I kept the health and dental insurance plans using COBRA. The monthly premiums are very high. TT tells me self-employed persons can claim the health plan premiums as expenses. Can I claim the health (and dental?) plan premiums from August to December as expenses even though it is through COBRA? How about the premiums paid in July where I did not have a project?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community