1099 Misc form and W2

I just realized I received both a 1099-Misc form and W-2 from my employer. I'm still early in the process - I haven't entered my W2 yet. What do I need to do to account for the 1099 Misc form as well?

Answer

183 people found this helpful

In the income section, there is a place for W-2 income and a separate place for 1099-MISC income.  Your wages on W-2 are employee income, but your 1099 will be either 'Other Income' or 'Self-Employment'.   Although you can report both in TurboTax, you cannot use the Free Edition to file 1099-MISC.  

You will need to upgrade to Deluxe or Premier to enter the 1099-MISC income.   

You may want to look into the TurboTax Freedom Edition; it is free software that does handle the 1099-MISC.

Do I Qualify for TurboTax Freedom Edition

How To Switch To Freedom 

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
TurboTaxDawnC , CPA, MBA, Tax Advice Specialist
TurboTax TaxPro

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community