Should i file jointly if spouse doesnt work

how do I file head of household? can I claim my wife and daughter both as dependents

MY WIFE WAS ON WORKER'S COMP ALL OF 2013 CAN I FILE HER AS A DEPENDENT OR CAN I FILE HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD
Alumni

Your spouse doesn't have to work for you to file as Married Filing Jointly, and that is almost always the best way. You can claim your daughter as a dependent if she qualifies.

You can not ever claim your wife as a dependent - instead, you file jointly, and if you are married and live with your wife, you can not file as Head of Household.

so should I file head of household because I did work part time

Hello cocosdad2003,

We apologize in the delayed response to your filing question and would like to assist you further. This link takes you to IRS Publication 501. More specifically, review page 5 because under the IRS guidelines this specifically states the qualifications for each filing status. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p501.pdf. Again, we apologize for the delayed response and if you need any further assistance please let us know.

Turbo Tax Barbara

Its actually on page 6, middle column of the page on the web link mentioned above.

Me and my wife is separated an i am raise our three children do i still filed as marred to get tax credit and my wife did not work

Me and my wife is separated an i am raise our three children do i still filed as marry to tax credit