Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to determine estimated tax in 2019

I created a test account and prepared an alternate return by omitting certain income in 2018 that I know I will not have in 2019. How can I see the payment vouchers created since I can not print or save the return without paying to Intuit?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How to determine estimated tax in 2019

You won't be able to print or view the actual vouchers themselves, but you can see the amount of each quarterly payment.  (See screenshot)

Log back into your account and click Take Me to My Return.  Use the search feature and search for "W4" and click the jump-to link.  The first question will relate to Form W4, which you can skip.  The next question will ask you to prepare your estimated taxes for 2019.  Click Prepare and then you should get the screen in the screenshot below that will detail your payments.  You can also proceed to make adjustments in this section if you wish.

Instead of using the search you can also get to this section by clicking these tabs -

• Click Federal Taxes
  • Click Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Tax Forms
  • Select Form W4 and Estimated Taxes

After you have the payment amounts, you can print off blank vouchers from the IRS if need be - 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf  (payment vouchers are on pages 9-11)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies