Solved: You will not have to do anything different when yo...

Do I need to do anything different if I filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy?

I never received a 1099 from my creditors or anyone else.

You will not have to do anything different when you undergo bankruptcy if you did not receive a 1099 C from a creditor.  If a debt is forgiven by a creditor it usually is required to be included in income.  However, pursuant of IRS code section 108, debts forgiven or discharged in a bankruptcy case is not to be included as income.  If you did receive or do receive a 1099 C in the future, the best thing to do is complete form # 982 and send to the IRS.  This will show that the debt was forgiven due to bankruptcy and you do not have to declare it as income.  The IRS will then let you know how to proceed.