Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

What program should I use if I'm a realtor

1 Reply
Level 5

What program should I use if I'm a realtor

You will need either TurboTax Self-Employed (online) or TurboTax Home & Business (CD/download version). You will file a Schedule C as a self-employed person.  (This is true as long as you have not taken any steps to become a corporation or are not a multi-member LLC.)

The Schedule C will flow onto your individual income tax return (Form 1040) and be netted with other personal income and expenses.

How to get to the area to enter your business expenses  While inside the software and working on your return, type Schedule C in the Search at the top of the screen (you may see a magnifying glass there).  There will be a popup that says Jump to Schedule C.  Select that to get to the general area. 

You can use your own name and address for the business, if you don't have a business name.  And, there is no need for an EIN when it asks for that, if you don't have one. 

Follow through all the areas in the Business section of the TurboTax software and it will provide you with a lot of assistance. You'll notice blue links that have more information and details about the particular sections that will be extremely helpful. 

Also, this link may be helpful to you IRS Small Business Help Center .

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies