TurboTax recognizes location based upon your IP address. Your location may appear differently, since the IP Address location is assigned by your mobile carrier or Internet Service Provider.
If you were logged into your TurboTax account around the time that you received this message, the access was most likely from your device. To verify all access from your account, you can use the steps below.
- Sign into your TurboTax Account.
- Click on the My Account drop down menu and choose Account Settings
- Choose the Security Tab and click Edit next to Access History. This will provide you with more details about the access dates and times.
If you are still concerned about the activity on your TurboTax account after viewing your Access History, please contact us as soon as possible so that this matter can be further investigated.
Please view the article below for more information,
For added protection of your TurboTax account, you can set up Two-Step Verification by using the steps below.
- Sign into your TurboTax Account
- Click on the Account Settings drop down menu
- Choose the Security tab
- Next to Two-Step Verification click Turn on