turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmpuen2z

So I read about filing 1099's for the lyft riding company and it says you have to file if you made at least $600 last year what if you didn't make $600 do I still have?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

So I read about filing 1099's for the lyft riding company and it says you have to file if you made at least $600 last year what if you didn't make $600 do I still have?

Any amount earned is still considered taxable income regardless if you got a 1099 or not.

If less than $400 earned, then it is not subject to self-employment tax and you could just report it as "Other Income" on line 21 of your Form 1040.

To do this, go to bottom of income area and report it as last item.  It will let you type in Uber and the dollar amount. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
maglib
Level 11

you file all income regardless if you don't receive a 1099.  Just because they are not required to mail you a 1099, you still report it as income and if greater than $400, you are subject to self employment taxes.  They also may mail you a 1099 for less, many companies do.
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.

Any amount earned is still considered taxable income regardless if you got a 1099 or not.

If less than $400 earned, then it is not subject to self-employment tax and you could just report it as "Other Income" on line 21 of your Form 1040.

To do this, go to bottom of income area and report it as last item.  It will let you type in Uber and the dollar amount. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies