turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

d-kernutt

I have a 1099-MISC that lists income in both box 3 and box 7. It says I cannot enter income on multiple boxes on the same Form 1099-MISC. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have a 1099-MISC that lists income in both box 3 and box 7. It says I cannot enter income on multiple boxes on the same Form 1099-MISC. What do I do?

Is it the same amount in both boxes?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

You can use the same 1099-MISC form to make two entries into TurboTax. In order to do this using Turbo Tax Self Employed online:

• Login to your Turbo Tax account
  • Click Take me to my return or pick up where I left off
  • In the search box (located in the upper right hand corner), type 1099-MISC (exactly as listed)
  • Click the Jump to 1099-MISC link that appears in the search results. This will take you in the program where the 1099 MISC forms are entered.
    •  If you have already started the 1099-MISC, click edit next to the already started form. Enter the amounts in box 3.
    • If you haven't started the 1099-MISC form, click Add A 1099-MISC, then enter the information including entering the amounts on box 3.
  • Continue through the screens until you reach the Does you (one of you) have another 1099-MISC? screen. Click Yes
  • Enter the information including entering the amount on box 7 from the same 1099-MISC form you used for the prior 1099-MISC entry.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies