turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

btrfly2

WhI entered all info and then got message that I can't e-file due to tax issues & the 1040 has ZERO VALUES in all these boxes BUT i never saw a 1040

On the FREE edition I can't find how to enter 1040ez

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

WhI entered all info and then got message that I can't e-file due to tax issues & the 1040 has ZERO VALUES in all these boxes BUT i never saw a 1040

What income did you enter?  You can't efile a return with zero income.  If you only get SS or SSDI or ssi it is not taxable and you do not have to file a return.

You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing">...>
btrfly2

WhI entered all info and then got message that I can't e-file due to tax issues &amp; the 1040 has ZERO VALUES in all these boxes BUT i never saw a 1040

We don't owe taxes as our social security and retirement is not taxed. So you are telling me we are not required to file a federal return?????

WhI entered all info and then got message that I can't e-file due to tax issues &amp; the 1040 has ZERO VALUES in all these boxes BUT i never saw a 1040

Yes, right.  But why is your retirement not taxable?  Did you get a 1099R?
btrfly2

We were able to e-file last year with no problem although we did not owe taxes
btrfly2

We were able to e-file last year with no problem although we did not owe taxes

You can try adding $1 of Interest.  It don't change your return but should give you some income to efile.  But make sure your retirement is showing right.  Even though you don't owe any tax on it you need the right taxable amount showing up on line 4b for it.

Add interest like a 1099Int.  Make up a bank.
Federal On left
Wages & Income
Interest and Dividends
Interest on 1099INT - Click the Start or Update button
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies