`

Can I create a mock federal return to allow for multiple state returns in the online turbotax version?

You can create a mock return and add up to 5 state returns to it. You'll need a separate username/password but you can use the same email address.

If you need more than 5 states, then you'll need the CD/download version to accommodate that scenario.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to create a mock return. Can you be more specific on how to do that and what you mean by creating new profiles?  I have to file married filing separate b/c of my husband's military service and state of residency, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that online.