turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Aaron2

Hi, I printed out my tax return and found out that my spouse occupation on form 1040 page 2 is specified as Unemployed. How can I change it to Self employed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Hi, I printed out my tax return and found out that my spouse occupation on form 1040 page 2 is specified as Unemployed. How can I change it to Self employed?

You can change this in the 'My Info' section of TurboTax.  Sign in to your TurboTax account and click on 'Take Me to My Return'.  You will have to choose 'Amend' or 'Add a State' to unlock your return if you have already e-filed and been accepted.  

Click on 'My Info' on the left menu and select Edit (far right side of the screen) next to your spouse's name.  You can change the occupation on this page.  It is located underneath the SSN field.  This entry is informational only, so you do not need to send in any amending forms if you make any changes to this field.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You can change this in the 'My Info' section of TurboTax.  Sign in to your TurboTax account and click on 'Take Me to My Return'.  You will have to choose 'Amend' or 'Add a State' to unlock your return if you have already e-filed and been accepted.  

Click on 'My Info' on the left menu and select Edit (far right side of the screen) next to your spouse's name.  You can change the occupation on this page.  It is located underneath the SSN field.  This entry is informational only, so you do not need to send in any amending forms if you make any changes to this field.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies