turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got married last year and my husband doesnt have any status in usa. can i still file as online under married status?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnR

I got married last year and my husband doesnt have any status in usa. can i still file as online under married status?

Hello,  If your husband doesn't have and isn't required to have an SSN or ITIN (he is not required to file a U.S. tax return), enter “NRA” in the space for your spouse's SSN.   Of course, you would have to print, manually write in the 'NRA' and mail your tax return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnR

Hello,  If your husband doesn't have and isn't required to have an SSN or ITIN (he is not required to file a U.S. tax return), enter “NRA” in the space for your spouse's SSN.   Of course, you would have to print, manually write in the 'NRA' and mail your tax return.

Thank you, JohnR.
JohnR

You are welcome !
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies