Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have received 1099-B details for ESPP sale proceeds after filing my return for this year. I have not got 1099-DIV, 1099-INT or 1099-MISC. Do I need to file an amendment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

I have received 1099-B details for ESPP sale proceeds after filing my return for this year. I have not got 1099-DIV, 1099-INT or 1099-MISC. Do I need to file an amendment?

Yes, you'll need to amend your return to report this securities sale.  If you're expecting these other tax documents, you should wait until after they arrive to prepare your amended return.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RichardG

Yes, you'll need to amend your return to report this securities sale.  If you're expecting these other tax documents, you should wait until after they arrive to prepare your amended return.  

My net gains for the year was only 600$.  I need to pay tax on this amount separately right?  I already received the return amount for 2016 tax filing in my bank account.
RichardG

Yes, you'll need to amend your return and pay any additional taxes caused by the capital gain.

Just remember the deadline is April 18th to take care of anything tax related

To include it with your 2016 taxes. You would have to do an amendment.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies