turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

patb1992

I only want to file federal taxes how can this be done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can delete the state return, as long as you haven't paid or registered yet:
  1. Sign in and open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the left-side menu, select State (select the menu icon in the upper-left if you don't see this) and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the following screen, Status of your state returns, select Delete to the right of your state, then answer Yes.

If you don't see the option to delete your state, it means you already paid your TurboTax fees (which includes the state fee) or registered your free version while the state was still on your return.

If you have registered, then when you get to the Let's get ready to e-file screen, for your State return select the File by mail button and click the I'm not ready to file radio button below your state and click save.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can delete the state return, as long as you haven't paid or registered yet:
  1. Sign in and open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the left-side menu, select State (select the menu icon in the upper-left if you don't see this) and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the following screen, Status of your state returns, select Delete to the right of your state, then answer Yes.

If you don't see the option to delete your state, it means you already paid your TurboTax fees (which includes the state fee) or registered your free version while the state was still on your return.

If you have registered, then when you get to the Let's get ready to e-file screen, for your State return select the File by mail button and click the I'm not ready to file radio button below your state and click save.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies