turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When mailing your tax return? Were you also supposed to mail the W2’s with it?

Cause I only mailed the paper that I downloaded from TurboTax because it already had the amount I should get refunded
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

Yes. When mailing a paper federal return you will need to include the federal copy of any W-2s. Also include the federal copy of any forms that have federal tax withheld. Attach them to the back of the Form 1040. 

However, since you didn't include them, you should wait until the IRS (or your state Department of Revenue) contacts you for additional information. They will send you a letter requesting the documents. You should attach the documents to a copy of that letter and mail the information back.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MollsBBU

Yes. When mailing a paper federal return you will need to include the federal copy of any W-2s. Also include the federal copy of any forms that have federal tax withheld. Attach them to the back of the Form 1040. 

However, since you didn't include them, you should wait until the IRS (or your state Department of Revenue) contacts you for additional information. They will send you a letter requesting the documents. You should attach the documents to a copy of that letter and mail the information back.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies