Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1095A is incorrect. I have spent many hours on the phone with the Marketplace to no avail. Is there any way to file and explain that the form is incorrect?

I have called the Marketplace on several occasions and spend many hours trying to get them to correct my 1095A. I did not pay for the last two months of the year because my health insurance was provided by my employer.  My 1095A indicates that I paid for Marketplace coverage for the last two month. The many people I've spoken to at the Marketplace say they cannot correct it. Is there any way to file my taxes explaining that this form is incorrect and that they refuse to fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

My 1095A is incorrect. I have spent many hours on the phone with the Marketplace to no avail. Is there any way to file and explain that the form is incorrect?

Yes, try leaving the last two months off of the Form 1095A entry but make sure you don't have a penalty, either for an excess premium tax credit, or for a shared responsibility payment.  If neither of these apply for you then you can efile your return. Keep all your records with your tax files.

If you see there is a penalty, you can complete it in TurboTax by entering all of the data, then choose file by mail.  Print and mail your tax return with an explanation that you had coverage through your employer the last two months. And let them know that you make every attempt to get a correction to your Form 1095A, with no results.

When you experience a qualifying life event, you generally have 60 days to enroll in a new Obamacare-compliant health insurance plan. You generally need to provide proof of the qualifying event (your new healthcare through your employer). Click the link below for more information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Yes, try leaving the last two months off of the Form 1095A entry but make sure you don't have a penalty, either for an excess premium tax credit, or for a shared responsibility payment.  If neither of these apply for you then you can efile your return. Keep all your records with your tax files.

If you see there is a penalty, you can complete it in TurboTax by entering all of the data, then choose file by mail.  Print and mail your tax return with an explanation that you had coverage through your employer the last two months. And let them know that you make every attempt to get a correction to your Form 1095A, with no results.

When you experience a qualifying life event, you generally have 60 days to enroll in a new Obamacare-compliant health insurance plan. You generally need to provide proof of the qualifying event (your new healthcare through your employer). Click the link below for more information.

Thank you! The answer was helpful, but the link didn't seem to apply. I wanted to search more for "qualifying event".
DianeW
Expert Alumni

@raddatzjmr  This is the link to "qualifying life events": <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/qualifying-life-event/">https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/qual...>

I am dealing with this same issue. I was charged from the marketplace in January of 2018 but never paid because I was not re-enrolling that year. They then sent me a 1095-A showing I had coverage through them even though I never paid them. I tried to get them to correct this and they wouldn't. Now I've had to pay the IRS for the portion they subsidized because I made too much money to qualify. I appealed it to the IRS and they would not change it. I finally just made a payment and now they show they received the payment but 2 months later they keep sending me bills with interest. Every time I call the IRS they say it's too busy and you just have to call back. Really unbelievable that this is the system??? I feel so taken advantage of at this point. Wanting to know how yours worked out. Thanks. 

Ismaelg07

Hi! I have the same exact issue. Where you able to resolve the problem? Please if you can help me with any info I would really appreciated.  Thanks in advance 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies