avilaangibeth

How do I file a 1099-Misc with x's and last four of SSN for the payer's Federal ID number?

I have a 1099-misc and the payers federal id number only has social security style x's (xxx-xx-xxxx) with only the last four numbers visible. Turbo Tax does not accept this as a submission. How do I go about filing this?

Skip the 1099Misc and enter the amount as Cash income

What's it for?  If it is for self employment income you don't need to enter the actual 1099Misc.  You can enter self employment income as General or Cash.
avilaangibeth

Yes, it's for self employment income.

JulieR

Contact the payer to obtain the correct Tax ID number before attempting to file this 1099-Misc.  

avilaangibeth

I have and since in this case her Tax ID is her SSN she refuses to give up that number as she says she has never had to give it out for a 1099-Misc before.