• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avilaangibeth

How do I file a 1099-Misc with x's and last four of SSN for the payer's Federal ID number?

I have a 1099-misc and the payers federal id number only has social security style x's (xxx-xx-xxxx) with only the last four numbers visible. Turbo Tax does not accept this as a submission. How do I go about filing this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
VolvoGirl
Level 15

How do I file a 1099-Misc with x's and last four of SSN for the payer's Federal ID number?

Skip the 1099Misc and enter the amount as Cash income

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801198 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15

What's it for?  If it is for self employment income you don't need to enter the actual 1099Misc.  You can enter self employment income as General or Cash.
avilaangibeth

Yes, it's for self employment income.
VolvoGirl
Level 15

Skip the 1099Misc and enter the amount as Cash income

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801198 

View solution in original post

JulieR

Contact the payer to obtain the correct Tax ID number before attempting to file this 1099-Misc.  

avilaangibeth

I have and since in this case her Tax ID is her SSN she refuses to give up that number as she says she has never had to give it out for a 1099-Misc before.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v