Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xike13579

Rec'd email Call Support: 1-866-602-4279 We've noticed that someone attempted to fill out a tax return using your information with a different account. Is this scam?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Rec'd email Call Support: 1-866-602-4279 We've noticed that someone attempted to fill out a tax return using your information with a different account. Is this scam?

Yes, it is a scam.

As my colleague Lisa responded to another client a year ago who was contacted by the same phone number,

I called this number and it is not TurboTax.  It is a pre-recorded advertisement.  I am going to report this our security center.  However, please do not respond to any further emails or calls from these people.

The following link may give you more information on how seriously TurboTax takes your security seriously:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/best-tax-software/secure-online-tax-prep/

Source: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4280607-is-this-a-scam-rec-d-email-telling-me-to-call-1-866-602-42...

I will report it again to our security. 

I have received the same email. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies