turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have federal student loans that are in default but my husband has become disabled and in process of getting his disability approved will filing injured spouse help

my husband has no income and we have 3 children I was unable to keep loans out of default this year I did get return last year but they took the return the year before. I am just wondering  if filing this will help me keep a portion for my husband and kids but with him having no income I was not sure if this would benefit us

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JaimeG

I have federal student loans that are in default but my husband has become disabled and in process of getting his disability approved will filing injured spouse help

Yes Form 8379 Injured Spouse Allocation can provide some relief. It is highly recommended that you file this form considering the situation that you are in.

For a Quick read on Injured Spouse Allocation please click on the link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3326788

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JaimeG

Yes Form 8379 Injured Spouse Allocation can provide some relief. It is highly recommended that you file this form considering the situation that you are in.

For a Quick read on Injured Spouse Allocation please click on the link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3326788

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies