Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Worked in prison as a prison poter

ive been in prison since 1990 and I am trying to see how I could file taxes for those years
1 Reply
Expert Alumni

Worked in prison as a prison poter

The tax returns that can be filed with an expected release of any refund amount are 2013 (expires April 15, 2017), 2014, 2015 and 2016.  Prior to the three year statue the returns should be filed, but the refund, if any, will not be released.

To be able to use TurboTax the instructions are shown below.  If you wanted to try to print the forms and instructions you can use the IRS website by using this link:  IRS - Prior Year Products

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies