Woke up to see -$400 in my account

Hello all, I am a college student and working part time at Target. So the morning of May 27th I woke up to see a -$400 tax payment from IRS. Now I am not surprised but not so sure what happened, but I took a guess and pretty sure it was because I accidentally did an amendment change the other day. I was waiting for the unemployment tax refund and I thought I might have not updated the correct information, I am not aware about the result though. I just want to know how do I contact the IRS regarding this issue?

Woke up to see -$400 in my account

what do you mean by the other day? the IRS is far behind in processing and even e-filed amended returns take weeks to process. as to contacting the IRS, here's the number but expect delays and disconnects. the IRS should be sending you a letter of explanation within the next 2-3 weeks.

800-829-1040
First choose your language.
Then 2
Then 1
Then 3
Then 2
When asked for SSN do nothing it will ask twice
Then 2
Then 4

Woke up to see -$400 in my account

Was that the tax due on your original return?  Are you sure it was the federal IRS?  Could it be the state?

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing