Not all 1099-MISCs can be imported into TurboTax. To manually enter your 1099-MISC for self-employment, follow these instructions, go to:
- Federal Taxes
- Income & Expenses
- Answer Yes to 'Did you have any Self-Employment Income or Expenses'
- Go through the business screens to set up your business
- Add any income, including 1099-MISC for this business
- Enter your business related expenses
If you have a ''Business'' tab at the top already, go to:
- Business tab
- Subtab "Business Income and Expenses"
- "I'll choose what to work on."
- On the screen "Let's Gather Your Business Info", choose "Business Income and Expenses", and click UPDATE.
- The next screen is a summary screen. Click EDIT on the line for your business.
- Click on Update next to Business Income and add your 1099-MISC
If the 1099-MISC is not related to your self-employment income, you enter it by going to:
- Federal Taxes (Personal Tab in Self-Employed) >>
- Wages & Income >>
- Other Common Income >>
- Form 1099-MISC>>