turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wetjr

Will my payment to turbo tax, to file my state return, be returned to me, since my state return was rejected??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CaseyP
Intuit Alumni

Will my payment to turbo tax, to file my state return, be returned to me, since my state return was rejected??

No, TurboTax doesn't charge an e-filing fee but instead charges for the tax preparation services regardless of whether or not the return was rejected. We don't offer refunds for rejected returns. We encourage you to use TurboTax to fix your rejected return and get it e-filed successfully. To learn more, and get links to help you fix your rejected return see below: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301957

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Do you use the desktop software?
CaseyP
Intuit Alumni

No, TurboTax doesn't charge an e-filing fee but instead charges for the tax preparation services regardless of whether or not the return was rejected. We don't offer refunds for rejected returns. We encourage you to use TurboTax to fix your rejected return and get it e-filed successfully. To learn more, and get links to help you fix your rejected return see below: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301957

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies