ant53

Will I owe the IRS if I don't file a W2 for IHSS?

Phillip1

If you do not include all of the W-2s that you receive in your tax return, you will most likely receive a letter from the IRS that will let you know that you forgot a W-2 and they will require the payment of tax (or repayment of your refund) penalties, and interest.

ant53

I didn’t file it last year either. I’m asking because I already e-filed before I received my W2 from IHSS. I was wondering if I don’t file it again will I owe money in the future or have a problem with getting my refund?

Did they take withholding out of it?  IHSS might not be taxable.  Is it for caring for a family member?

There are a couple ways to enter a W2 for IHSS wages.

1. Enter the W2 as normal wages on line 7.  
Then make an entry on 1040 line 21 Other Income to offiset it.

2.  Or when you enter the W2 it gives you the EIC credit for it (which would be wrong) see this FAQ
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2635384-qualified-medicaid-waiver-payments-on-a-w-2-show-as-earned...>

So you either completely exclude the W2 from your return or enter it under Miscellaneous Income.   To enter it as Misc Income use the same steps as above and you will make 2 entries.
ant53

Yes they took out withholding, and yes a in home family member. I was told last year that I no longer had to file taxes for IHSS anymore.

It is not taxable so you should tell them to stop taking withholding out of it.  In fact they should not be sending you a W2 anymore.
ant53

Thank you for your help! I just don’t want to have any problems with my refund or IRS for not filing my W2 from IHSS.

You do need to file it to get back any withholding taken out.