Will I get money back From state tax estimates pai...

toodles61

Will I get money back From state tax estimates paid in 2019 and don’t owe tax for 2019?

My state requires me to file even if I don’t owe
Bsch4477

Your estimated tax payments will be refunded to you if you have no tax liability. 

toodles61

Thank you....I knew I should but I missed the place where I needed to enter my estimates!!!  This is my first year not using my CPA.  

Do you need to enter the estimates or did you already file without them?  The state should catch it and add them in for you.

toodles61

I haven’t filed yet but I need to enter some Fed tax exempt dividends That are state taxed....it is a muni bond fund and not just in one  state which is what it asks, if that makes sense.  I can’t get it entered in the box on state return so it is taxed.  This will probably take care of the money I paid in as estimates.