Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I get adudited for not finishing my return on my accounted but filled and got return on wifes account

I want to know if I would get into trouble for leaving my return undone. My Wife and I filled jointly for taxes this year after I messed up on my account. We filed and got our return back ( Luckily its the same amount on both) and just left the return on our account alone. The Tax day has came and gone and I want to make sure that I won't have any problems in the future or have any agents bust down my door and take me in for questioning.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Will I get adudited for not finishing my return on my accounted but filled and got return on wifes account

No. If you started a return and didn't actually file, your information remains secure and confidential on the TurboTax servers. Nothing is reported to the IRS until you hit the orange button to file your return.

If you want to remove the information you entered (and have not registered or paid for your return), you can follow these instructions to clear your return:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. From Tax Home, open or continue a section of your return.
  3. Select Tax Tools from the left menu, then Clear & Start Over.
  4. Answer Yes to confirm.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you and your spouse file a  joint return correctly and entered all of your combined information and all of your combined income, then that is all you needed to do.   You do not need to stress over an unfinished return you began to prepare in your old account.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies