gcotterl

Will I be notified when the Qualified Business Inc Deduction becomes supported in a "subsequent release"?

CassLO

No, but you can sign up within TurboTax to be notified when your form is ready. When you try to e-file a form that's not available yet, you'll get a message with the option to sign up.

Please click on Review, on the left menu.  You may see a message "Some of your tax forms are not ready".  Below the message, you can select the link that says "I want to sign up for email notifications

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

gcotterl

I've signed on to TurboTax.

When I try to e-file a form that's not available yet, I do NOT get a message with the option to sign up.

I've clicked on "Review" (on the left menu).

But I do NOT see the message "Some of your tax forms are not ready" so I do NOT see the link for "I want to sign up for email notifications".

Irene2805

For current information on forms availability please click on the applicable link below:

TurboTax Online automatically updates the website when the forms become available.

In TurboTax CD/Download, you will be prompted to download updates when you open the program.  You can also update the program while you have it open by following these steps:

1. Click on the Online link in the black bar at the top of the page.
  2. Click on Check for Updates.
  3. TurboTax will download and install any updates available.  If there aren't any updates, you will receive the message "Your software is up to date."