Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I be billed more when I file? I bought software from Amazon but was never asked to enter License key.

I'm doing Turbo on Chromebook and don't remember how I entered after buying Turbo download from Amazon.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Will I be billed more when I file? I bought software from Amazon but was never asked to enter License key.

You cannot use the desktop (CD/download) on a Chromebook.  A Chromebook does not meet the system requirements.  So.....you must be using online TurboTax without realizing it.   You cannot pay for online TT using that license code.  You will need to seek a refund for the CD/download that you cannot use.   And...you will have to pay the fee to TurboTax for using online.

Not sure if TurboTax will give you a refund for the software purchased from Amazon or if you have to pursue it with Amazon.   

Try TT and see if they will:

To request a refund from TT ;  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies