Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

macnaz
Returning Member

Will 2018 TT Premier CD Edition be "Updated" (for purposes of completing the 2019 Arizona Estimated Tax Computations) to reflect changes to the 2019 Arizona Tax Rates

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Will 2018 TT Premier CD Edition be "Updated" (for purposes of completing the 2019 Arizona Estimated Tax Computations) to reflect changes to the 2019 Arizona Tax Rates

The program should already reflect the 2019 tax rates ... complete the estimated section of the state interview.

macnaz
Returning Member

Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry regarding recently-enacted Arizona Personal Income Tax changes.  I had "updated" my 2018 CD-Version TT Premier Edition:  However, it appeared the recent changes had not yet reflected on the TT Arizona "2019 Estimated Tax" Worksheet and Calculations--Likely, because they were only just-recently announced on May 31, 2019, along with a subsequent, separate "FAQs".  It's fairly easy for me to manually complete/adjust the "2019 Arizona Estimated Tax Form/Worksheet" on the 2018 Turbo Tax Premier:  However, these numerous and substantial changes may offer additional savings for some Arizona Taxpayers:  Including (1) Increasing the "Single" Standard Deduction from $5,312 (in 2018) to $$12,200 (for 2019)--Along with the additional ability to "add" an additional amount for charitable deductions to the Standard Deductions; (2) Elimination of "Personal Exemptions" for 2019 (although, the "Over-65" and "Blind" exemptions are indicated in the FAQ's to be retained; (3) Child Tax Credits for dependents; and (4) The Arizona Tax Bracket Rates" (and number of "Brackets" have been Reduced/Lowered" slightly.  In case interested in additional and official information from the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR): You may  "Google":  "Updated Guidance for Arizona Individual Income Taxpayers" and "Arizona Tax Conformity FAQs 2019 Individual Income Tax Changes" for additional details.  (NOTE, FOR DISCLOSURE PURPOSES: I am an individual "User" and "Customer" of TurboTax:  And, I am NOT a representative of Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) (or TurboTax or Intuit); and, I am not a Tax Preparer or Accountant---and the above comments are based strictly on my own general interpretation of the ADOR announcements and should not be considered by anyone to be "tax advice".   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies