Solved: Wife has already file this years taxes and both daughters on her taxes. We are getting divorce I don't want to give up the right to claiming one of the Children.

Wife has already file this years taxes and both daughters on her taxes. We are getting divorce I don't want to give up the right to claiming one of the Children.

But don't want to claim the at this time.

The right to claim a child on taxes, between divorced parents, is usually determined in court. It is too late for this year, unless you file late and she agrees to amend her already-filed return for this year. Otherwise, negotiate with her to agree to have you claim both daughters on next year's tax returns.