Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cumminj

Wife has already file this years taxes and both daughters on her taxes. We are getting divorce I don't want to give up the right to claiming one of the Children.

But don't want to claim the at this time.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
lizmike98

Wife has already file this years taxes and both daughters on her taxes. We are getting divorce I don't want to give up the right to claiming one of the Children.

The right to claim a child on taxes, between divorced parents, is usually determined in court. It is too late for this year, unless you file late and she agrees to amend her already-filed return for this year. Otherwise, negotiate with her to agree to have you claim both daughters on next year's tax returns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lizmike98

The right to claim a child on taxes, between divorced parents, is usually determined in court. It is too late for this year, unless you file late and she agrees to amend her already-filed return for this year. Otherwise, negotiate with her to agree to have you claim both daughters on next year's tax returns.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies