Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

katpao

Why would Turbo Tax auto populate an agi different than what I have on last years return? I did not file with Turbo Tax last year, so are they getting this from irs?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Why would Turbo Tax auto populate an agi different than what I have on last years return? I did not file with Turbo Tax last year, so are they getting this from irs?

Resolved in comments.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax does not get any tax return information from the IRS. Did you start a 2017 return in TurboTax last year, but not file it? If so, when you start your 2018 return TurboTax will transfer the information from the incomplete 2017 return, even though you didn't file it. It might be using the AGI from that incomplete 2017 return.
katpao

Yes, I used TurboTax for several years, and actually I did start one last year. Then I filed with H &R Block. I didn't like H & R Block, so I won't be using them again, and came back to TurboTax. Is this simply from an unfinished return? I certainly hope so, lol. Thanks for the response.
katpao

Ah, I see. Yes, this was one that I never finished. Thank you so much for your help, I was in a total panic because it appeared I owed money.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Resolved in comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies