breamfish1981671

Why would I get a refund amount thats less than

Why was my approved amount less than what my refund amount was to begin with

AnthonyJ

Taxpayers will receive a notice explaining the refund offset.  The notice will reflect the original refund amount, your offset amount, the agency receiving the payment, and the address and telephone number of the agency. 

The IRS Where's My Refund tool will contain a disclaimer if your refund may have been offset. You'll get an explanatory letter from the government if your refund differs from what was on your filed return.

If you were having any fees deducted there is also an EXTRA 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge.  Or is your state refund missing?  Federal and state come from different places at different times.
AnthonyJ

Hal_Al

The IRS will send you a letter in a couple of weeks notifying why they reduced your refund.