Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why was I forced to pay $60 for Deluxe? My return got rejected because of a missed 1095a. After fixing it I now owe Federal $46, but I have to pay Turbo Tax as well?!

I assumed the $60 would be a card charge for the Federal payment. but then it offered me a simple bank withdrawal!! I called two agents and neither of them could help.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Why was I forced to pay $60 for Deluxe? My return got rejected because of a missed 1095a. After fixing it I now owe Federal $46, but I have to pay Turbo Tax as well?!

Unless you qualify for the Free Edition, there is a fee to use Turbo Tax to prepare your tax return.  If you are using the Free Edition, and are entering information that does not support the free product, you will be asked to upgrade and confirm or agree to those changes.  Turbo Tax will now know your tax situation to know if you will owe the IRS or if you will receive a refund.

You can see what you are being charged for. 
How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the response @SForrestLO . Turbo Tax knew I owed before It asked me to upgrade. Once I imported the information it adjusted and then asked me to pay for Deluxe. I could be wrong, but I think there should be a policy in place that can accept a limited amount of documents outside of the "Free Edition". If I would have known that one document would make me pay $60 I would have paid Turbo Tax to do it all in the first place.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies