calaine78

Why is TurboTax classifying a long term stock Form 1099-Misc as self-employed income? Found other option in community, entered according to steps, but still same issue.

Mike9241

are you sure it's a 1099-MISC? that's only for reporting ordinary income. what box?  if it is the issuer messed up. LTCG for stock sales are to be reported on form 1099-B

calaine78

I have both form 1099-B and a 1099-MISC, oddly. The 1099-B I was able to complete no problem. It's just the 1099-MISC that keep classifying as self-employed income. Thank you for the tip on the possible issuer error. I will contact them tomorrow to check. Mahalo!