Justin8

Why is Turbotax applying a tax rate to an annuity death benefit that is higher than my marginal tax rate?

Anita01

You cannot look at just the monitor to determine what tax rate the program is applying to specific income.  When you enter income of any type, that changes the Adjusted Gross Income on your tax return, which causes many other changes in your return besides the tax rate applied to specific income.  Deductions and credit on your return may change because many of  them are sensitive to AGI, for example.

Anita01