Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is the Visit All button not working

I've been using TT software for 20+ years.  My wife is self-employed with a home office, so our return has a large number of entries in various topics.  
This year's Home and Business version has been glitchy.  Most notably, the blue "Visit All" which takes you through all of the individual items listed under a topic doesn't work.  When I click on it, it takes me to the first item, but when I complete the first item, it sends me right back to the top of the main page instead of going to the next topic.  I have to scroll back down, find the topic I was working on, then click on the next item.  It's rinse and repeat for every item in the entire topic section.  
It's a gigantic buzz killer and it's making the completion of my taxes a long laborious process.  
Anyone else encountering this problem with the Home and Business software?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

@misterioso 

Probably no help if using a MAC.

But for Windows computers:

1)  Make sure you've fully installed all Windows OS updates.  A couple came out this last week, and waiting OS updates are known to screw up some TTX functions.  Reboot even if you don't have any waiting Windows updates.

2)  Rt-Click on the TTX icon and select "Run as Administrator".  You probably already are, but maybe that will help.

or

3)  IF using TTX desktop on a Windows 11 computer, you could try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 10.

___

All I've got.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Yes, Running as admin worked for me.  Thanks!

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately they did not solve the issue.

All of my TurboTax and Windows 11 updates are up to date.  I also run the program as an administrator.  The Visit All button still does not function properly after these steps.  TurboTax still requires me to click on each item one at a time, returning to the main menu each time, rather than taking me sequentially through each item which is how the Visit All button worked in the past.

I finished my taxes.  I'll worry about this issue with next year's TurboTax or possibly purchase an alternative software and do a side by side A-B comparison.  TurboTax has dominated the market for years and I've a loyal user, but it might be interesting to see what the competition brings to the table.

@misterioso 

OK...I kind-of see what you are talking about.  (but I'm using Premier desktop, not H&B)

The thing is for me, I far prefer the step-by-step where I select anything I actually need.

I don't need to be prompted with all the junk that is immaterial to my situation...but that apparently doesn't apply to you.

The initial page's "Walk Me Thru Everything" when first entering a major tab, only seems to work the first time you go through everything in a major tab. 

Once you've done it once, you are in Step-By-Step every time.

Once in the Step-By-Step, there is a "Visit All" at the start of every subsection that has more than one item in it to be dealt with...but the Visit All only deals with that one sub-section.  That works for me.

This second area is the stuff apparently not working for you with H&B, eh?

At least it works for me on Windows11 with Premier

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Your method works fine if you have a detailed knowledge of the tax code.  Like many others who use TurboTax, I am not tax expert, but I am capable of completing my tax return.  The combination of me looking at the tax forms only once a year and my wife's ever-changing business conditions (self-employed), it's a matter of due diligence to go through each item to ensure I don't miss anything.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies