Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is the Turbo Tax Software defaulting to Form 1095-A in Tax Returns, even when it's not selected? If you have 1095-B the IRS rejects it because Turbo Tax insist on putting 1095-A for submission!

Date: 04-17, 2023
Yes, this year I noticed that the TURBO TAX software has a glitch. It will not allow the user to properly enter FORM 1095-B or Form 1095-C. In fact, the software is AUTOMACTICALLY applying Form1095-A in the entries. I do NOT have a Form 1095-A to report. I did NOT accidently click that I have a FORM 1095-A. There is not place to make corrections; therefore, my '2022 Tax Return was REJECTED by the IRS, both the Federal and the State! I'm so disappointed with TURBO TAX Software. Before I E-filed...the software did a FINAL REVIEW FOR ERRORS, then stated that they weren't any ERRORS; however, the fact that it entered Form 1095-A (some type of Health Market) is not the Form I entered. Actually I was NEVER prompted to enter my choice of the FORM at all! :(
The SOFTWARE should NOT default to Form 1095-A it is screwing customer's E-Filing up big time! Turbo Tax truly need to address this matter A.S.A.P. This is the very first time that Turbo Tax software has let me down (due to this glitch in the software). Found under Deductions & Credits (MEDICAL). Can some of the professional Turbo Tax software engineers address this problem?
PLEASE, PLEASE... GIVE US THE "CHOICE" TO CLICK ON THE FORM WE HAVE, I.e. Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C! Don't just let the software "assume" that everybody has health Form 1095-A! Since the software keep defaulting to Form 1095-A it's next to impossible to E-file in a timely manner. *P.S. I am fully aware that Form(s) 1095-B and 1095-C does not have to be filed with the return; however, that Form 1095-A has to be filed with the tax return, which is a bomber since that's NOT the Form I have. A lot of customers (Turbo Tax Users) are complaining about this issue at work. The most upsetting problem is NOT being able to tell the IRS via our Tax Return WHICH Form we have. There are THREE FORMS to chose from...NOT just Form 1095-A.
In Conclusion, I would greatly appreciate any response to this inquiry via the community forum, Turbo Tax Expert(s), etc.
Thank you for allowing me to leave my feedback concerning this '2023 Tax Return and having the Return rejected by the IRS when E-filing with TURBO TAX SOFTWARE.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Why is the Turbo Tax Software defaulting to Form 1095-A in Tax Returns, even when it's not selected? If you have 1095-B the IRS rejects it because Turbo Tax insist on putting 1095-A for submission!

When you enter that section, it automatically defaults the answer to "Yes", so if we change the answer to "No" and Continue until we are back at the main Deductions and Credits screen, it will stay checked as "No"

First, be sure there is no Form 1095-A information in the ACA section.  Use the trashcan icon to delete.

Then, go back and answer "No" to the question Did you receive Form 1095-A and Continue until you are back at the main screen. 

It will be saved with the "No" answer for you to resubmit. 

If you have confirmed that no one on your return had insurance through the Marketplace for tax year 2022, but the IRS mistakenly thinks they did, it is OK to create a Form 1095-A with minimal information to satisfy the IRS for e-file purposes. If you use this method, and it contradicts what the Marketplace has on record, then you may receive a CP2000 Notice from the IRS. 

To create a workaround for the e-file:

1. Select Deductions & Credits from the left menu
  2. Scroll down to Medical and Select Show More 
  3. Select Start or Revisit for Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A) 
  4. As you walk through the questions, you'll be asked if you received a Form 1095-A. Even though you did not receive this form, select Yes 
  5. Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and policy number, and $1 for the January amounts 
  6. Continue through to the end of the questionnaire 
  7. Select File from the left menu and continue through the process to refile your return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies