turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nikky10

Why is my e-filing not going through?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Are you getting an error message?  What does it say?

sjoetama

My E-filing is not going through as well. I've tried safari and chrome and also clearing the cache. 

This is what it says:

The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surrender and mail it. I have transmitted mine at LEAST a dozen times  without success. Yes I know last year's AGI (adjusted gross income) . Turbo Tax / Intuit offers JACK DIDDLY for support or have you noticed them handing off the work to the "community" rather than support that community? It's absurd.  You want an answer that will result in your ability to actually FILE the tax return? Good Luck Chuck. If you paid Intuit to file a State return good luck with getting that cash back too. 

rarluck

Validation failed: There is an update available for your program.  Before you can e-file, you'll need to get this up date.  To do this, go to the TurboTax menu and select Check for Updates.     I don't see a menu that will allow me to get the update.

When I opened TurboTax it got updates before it opened.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If you are still experiencing issues, here is a link to the manual update process: Manually Update Turbo Tax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies