alliemartin2015

Why is my agi being rejected? It’s the right one on my form

bluedeb

The IRS was backlogged processing 2019 returns.  You can try using a Zero for your 2019 AGI, to see if that works.

If you amended your 2019 return, do not use the AGI from the amended return, use the amount from your original 2019 return.

ToddL99

First, try entering $0 as your AGI - sometimes that helps you work-around an error in the IRS e-file database for 2019 AGI.

If you’re still getting an e-file reject, there are a few possible reasons why:

If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2019 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

If you’re still having trouble, we suggest that you check with the IRS to make sure that the copy of your return is the same as what they have in their records. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript

If you’ve tried everything and nothing works, you can still file a paper return by printing out copies of your federal and state returns and mailing them. We’ll include File by Mail Instructions on where to send your returns and what forms, if any, you need to include.

bluedeb