Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sqs
Level 1

Why don't my w-2 wages appear on line 1a of my form 1040?

I entered my W-2 wages (box 1) in Turbotax but they do not appear on line 1a of my form 1040. Why?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Is this income from a nonqualified deferred compensation plan with the amount shown in box 11 of the W-2 in addition to being in box 1?  If so, it goes on Schedule 1 line 8t instead of Form 1040 line 1a.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Are you sure you entered your W-2?  How did you enter it?  Did you key it in by hand, import it, snap a photo of it using the mobile app?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Does the amount of your W-2 wages appear anywhere else on Form 1040? If so, on what line?

Did you answer all the questions in the entire My Info section? TurboTax might not fill out Form 1040 if you have not entered all of the necessary information in My Info.

Go back to the W-2 in TurboTax and make sure that all the information is entered correctly.

dmertz
Level 15

Is this income from a nonqualified deferred compensation plan with the amount shown in box 11 of the W-2 in addition to being in box 1?  If so, it goes on Schedule 1 line 8t instead of Form 1040 line 1a.

sqs
Level 1

Thank you for your answer. The same amount is in both Box 1 and Box 11 of the W-2. I wasnot aware that Box 11 would route the amount to Scedhuel 1.

sqs
Level 1

The same amount was in both Box 1 and Box 11 of the W-2. I was not aware that Box 11 would route the amount to Schedule 1, line 8t.

sqs
Level 1

All information was entered correctly. The same amount is in both Box 1 and Box 11 of the W-2. I was not aware that Box 11 would route the amount to Schedule 1, 8t.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. As dmertz stated above, if the amount in Box 1 of your W-2 is also in Box 11, the amount will flow to Schedule 1, Line 8t. 

@sqs 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies