Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does turbotax have me print a payment voucher when paid via direct when I Efiled

Turbo tax had me print a payment voucher for hawaii when I paid directly from my checking account when I efiled.

Hawaii has acepted the return,, but I don't the money taken from my checking account.

When I look the return it shows I paid, just like CA and Fed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK2023
Expert Alumni

Why does turbotax have me print a payment voucher when paid via direct when I Efiled

TurboTax has no control over how quickly Hawaii (or any other state) processes your payment; your information was forwarded to their Department of Taxation as soon as you file your state return.

You can keep watching your bank account or make a payment online: State of Hawaii Department of Taxation

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

If you are sure you paid, and are getting a message saying it is paid, then just disregard the voucher.  If you did not select a payment date, the payment date automatically goes to April 15th.  So this could be the reason why you do not see the payment from your account.

Hi,

Unfortunately, the date is not the issue.

Just like my FED and CA I used the date I filed 4/4/2024.

All I got from: FED, CA and HI is the confirmation that they excepted my return.

I have never received a confirmation of payment, I just see it come out of my account.

I see that someone else had a similar issue for their 2022 return.

If I don’t see it debited by 4/12 I will just have to get on the state of HI web site and make the payment directly from their site.

Also--On the site, as of this date, it still shows that I owe.

I just acts like TurboTax is not able to send a payment to HI. Pretty frustrating as this seems to be a bug .

TomK2023
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has no control over how quickly Hawaii (or any other state) processes your payment; your information was forwarded to their Department of Taxation as soon as you file your state return.

You can keep watching your bank account or make a payment online: State of Hawaii Department of Taxation

Hawaii's tax depart is on ‘Hawaiian time ‘.

Takes them a week to accept your payment.

Mahalo All

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies