061595jkc

Why does turbo tax keep saying I have a 7202 form on my taxes but I dont?

HelenC12

Form 7202, Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals, is the form used to check if you’re eligible for any credits related to taking sick time or family leave, tax deferral or employer credits. 

If you’re not eligible and didn’t take credits for sick leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals (Taxpayers), delete the form.

• If you're using TurboTax Online software and need to delete a form, click here.
  • If you're using TurboTax CD\Download software and need to delete a form, click here
  • Note: Form 7202 is not available/supported for e-file.

To be an eligible self-employed person, both the following must be true.

1. You regularly carried on a trade or business within the meaning of section 1402.
  2. You would have been: a. Eligible to receive qualified sick leave wages under the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act if you had been an employee of an employer (other than yourself), and/or b. Eligible to receive qualified family leave wages under the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act if you had been an employee of an employer (other than yourself).

Each eligible self-employed individual must file a separate Form 7202. If filing a joint tax return and both spouses are eligible self-employed individuals, each must attach a separate Form 7202 to the joint tax return. You must maintain appropriate documentation to show that you are an eligible self-employed individual.

kcougill

From a mac using turbotax small business 2020 there is NO way to eliminate the 7202 form. I have followed all directions above and the "eliminate" button does not illuminate.

CarissaM
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Using the TurboTax desktop editions to delete a form you have to click on Forms.  When in Forms mode locate the form you want to delete on the left side of the screen.  Click on the form to Open.  With the form opened scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Delete.

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support.