Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jpenier4

Why does my previous employer income information show up instead of my current one?

The Your Income page has my current employer listed with a value from my previous employer and that I worked in 2020.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why does my previous employer income information show up instead of my current one?

I'm assuming you are looking at the screen  titled "Your 2021 Income Summary." 

If so, there are 2 columns to the right of each line, followed by a blue or gray button titled "Start" or "Edit".

The 2 columns are for 2020, and 2021.

The 2021 column is likely blank because you have not entered any income info yet.

Click the button on the right side of the line you want to work with and follow the instructions.

If you are looking at a different screen please provide more info about that screen.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post

If you're saying your W2 in TurboTax is showing your previous employer, just change it to your new employer using the new W2 you have.  You can also go to Forms, find the old W2 open it then delete it.  There is a delete button at the bottom.  Once you do that go back to the menu at the top of TurboTax and go back to step-by-step if you prefer that method.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

TurboTax tries to help you by preparing the documents you had last year.  In the event those documents are no longer applicable, you can delete them by simply clicking the trash can on the right side of the record.  You can then enter the new document on a clean page.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies