why does it still say "Visit All"

why does it still say "Visit All"

Next to "1099-MISC and Other Common Income" there is a blue "Visit All" button. Great. I click the button and it says "Do you have any of these types of income" and I click "No", at which point I expect the "Visit All" button to change to "Update" or "View" but it still says "Visit Alll".   Shouldn't it change after I answer "No"?

why does it still say "Visit All"

No.   Until you actually visit the categories, you can still go back and visit all.

why does it still say "Visit All"

Thanks for the response.

That behavior doesn't make sense to me.  Why bother asking me if my "no" answer isn't going to do anything?

SUGGESTION:   If the subcategories need to be visited in order to have any effect, then don't solicit a "yes" or "no" response to the "Did you have any of these types of income" question.  Instead, merely have a "CONTINUE" button so the user can answer "yes" or "no" to the subcategories, where such answers will actually have an effect.

Thanks.

why does it still say "Visit All"

The "Visit All" button will read "Visit All" for all eternity, no matter what you do. It's always been that way.

The bottons for the sub-categories below the Visit All button will change however. They say "Start" until you actually click that button and change something in that subcategory. Then after that, they will read "Update" or "EDIT" until the end of all eternity.

why does it still say "Visit All"

Hmmm.   There are sibling buttons at this level that seem to have changed from "Visit All" to "Update" so I'm surprised to hear you say that this button will always say "Visit All".

Here's a snapshot showing the "Visit All" (I have circled it in red) so you can see that other buttons have changed to "update".

visitAll.jpg

why does it still say "Visit All"

Your image reflects the correct behavior.   Here's an image of the Retirement Income category I just went through.   All subtopics now say Update, and Visit All remains.  The Visit All button merely starts the entire interview topic to march through each subtopic rather than going directly to a subtopic with the Start or Update button. 

.

visitall.png

why does it still say "Visit All"

That is what it is supposed to do.  You can ALWAYS visit all even if it is to re-visit some.