Why do I need self employed tax form if I take standard deduction of $15,000. Why should I pay for the higher cost tax program

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need self employed tax form if I take standard deduction of $15,000. Why should I pay for the higher cost tax program

Turbotax determined I was better off taking standard deduction rather than itemising.
4 Replies
Alumni

What kind of income do you have? Do you have self-employment or business income?

Yes...im retired but have residual income.
Alumni

You need the self-employed version to report self-employment or business income. That is totally independent of whether you itemize deductions on Schedule A or take the standard deduction.
Alumni

You need the self-employed version to report self-employment or business income. That is totally independent of whether you itemize deductions on Schedule A or take the standard deduction.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings