jessdess82

Why did turbo tax switch my plan to self employed when clearly I am not. So my payment went from 40 because I have to file 2 states to 170!!

Then I go to clear and start over and it will not let me.
SForrestLO

You may have upgraded without realizing it. You may be able to downgrade. 

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to downgrade.

How to downgrade

jessdess82

It will not let me because they were already filed. It shows that the fees are going to be deducted so why wont it let me file my RI taxes?

AkinaLO

Once your federal return has been accepted, you will be able to file your state return. You can actually e file your state and federal taxes together but if you e file your federal return first, you will have to wait for it to be accepted before you can e file your state return. 

This article will give you more insight on how to file your state return.  

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?